MRI 1.8.7 compatibility

k I’m all for waiting with rails 3.0 or at least not making it the
highest
priority.

The thing is that most people looking at ironruby are actually .NET
people
IMO. Now these guys have just gone through what is needed to learn
2.3.5.
Seen as most enterprise type devs lean towards the mort persona I’d say
they
aren’t terribly worried yet about using Rails 3.0 they want to continue
2.3.5 until most of the plugins have caught up.
Looking at how fast the community does this stuff I’d say we have well
over
6 months to get 1.9 compat going.

my 2c :slight_smile:

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

I honestly don’t think that shipping a 1.0 will delay any future release
by much. I also don’t think that a Rails 3 release would hurt the
progress towards 1.9. Unless something major changes, I believe all of
the 1.8.7 features we are currently lacking for Rails 3 are also 1.9
features.

JD