Monitor Size Problem

Champs,

Need help … Not related to rails or ruby … :slight_smile:
Scenario is dat i had developed my application at a 17inch monitor … so
used big size images as well… i mean according to big screen monitor …
Now if run this application at a 14inch monitor … application is not
looking good … So want to change this scenario … I mean can we know
dynamically dat if monitor size is small that make everything small on
monitor… :slight_smile:

Hope u peopl got it right … want to know every possible way …

Hemant B. wrote:

Champs,

Need help … Not related to rails or ruby … :slight_smile:
Scenario is dat i had developed my application at a 17inch monitor … so
used big size images as well… i mean according to big screen monitor …
Now if run this application at a 14inch monitor … application is not
looking good … So want to change this scenario … I mean can we know
dynamically dat if monitor size is small that make everything small on
monitor… :slight_smile:

Hope u peopl got it right … want to know every possible way …

Using javascript you can get the height and width of the client machine.
Use it to render various versions of your page.

Make sure you understand that this is not actually related to the size
of the screen, but to the resolution the system uses.

You could get the window size using javascript and even dynamically
change your application as the window is resized. I wouldn’t know of
any way Rails can determine the system resolution or something like
that.

It would be better though if you would spend some time on your HTML
and CSS and make sure it will show the way you want it to show on any
resolution. People don’t care about horizontal scrollbars in 640x480:
they’re probably used to that. So using a fixed layout will probably
be fine.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Jaap H.
w. http://www.relywebsolutions.nl

On 17 aug, 12:05, Hemant B. [email protected]

yeah, I know abt it.
we can know height and width from clientHeight and clientWidth …
correct …

Bt d’nt know how to go further… Newayz … Thanks for ur reply …

Rails L. wrote:

Using javascript you can get the height and width of the client machine.
Use it to render various versions of your page.

Are your vowels really so precious that you cannot post complete words?
It would make it much easier to read your posts in general.

When posting to forums that are international in their audience, clarity
is preferred over brevity. Just a suggestion.

On Monday 17 August 2009, Hemant B. wrote:

yeah, I know abt it.
we can know height and width from clientHeight and clientWidth …
correct …

Bt d’nt know how to go further… Newayz … Thanks for ur reply …

Rails L. wrote:

Using javascript you can get the height and width of the client
machine. Use it to render various versions of your page.

Here’s how I’ve done a thing like that in the past

http://www.schuerig.de/michael/blog/index.php/2007/02/22/size-dependent-
layout/

HTH,
Michael


Michael S.
mailto:removed_email_address[email protected]
http://www.schuerig.de/michael/

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs