I’m trying what seems like a textbook deployment of Rails on an Ubuntu
- I have a mongrel_cluster with 5 Mongrels behind an Apache server
I have been trying to follow the guides on how to get this to start up
on reboot and just can’t seem to get it done! The guides make it seem
easy, but I can’t get it to work - so, I’m doing something wrong and
can’t find what it is.
Here’s the setup:
- I’m using the Bitnami Ruby/ Rails Stack on AWS
- The root user on login is bitnami and is without password
- The login is using a pair of keys and putty
- I created a new deployment user called xmongrel with a group xmongrel
- I used mongrel_rails cluster::configure with the full path to the app
- Ruby is in /opt/bitnami/ruby
- The app is a Radiant site in /opt/bitnami/projects/rails_s04
- As the user bitnami, doing this does not start the mongrel_rails:
- After I do ‘su xmongrel’ and log in with the password, it works:
- I have mongrel_cluster copied to /etc/init.d
- I have also done:
sudo /usr/sbin/update-rc.d -f mongrel_cluster defaults
(It gave me a warning about missing LSB info - though the script
I have been at this for quite a few hours now, and I’m still not getting
What can I do to debug/ fix the problem? Any help will be appreciated.
7/11/2010 | 12:52 AM.