Mongrel_service folder has different name

Hello guys,
I’m trying to run a Rails up using Mongrel on a Windows machine.
In the same machine I have already installed (successfully) an other
Rails app that uses Mongrel as well. I din that almost 2 years ago so I
don’t remember exactly what I did but I guess I have followed the same
steps.

Now when I try to start Mongrel

C:\rails_apps\freshmintapp>mongrel_rails start -e production -p 5001

I get the error below:
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
gem_original_require': no such file to load -- c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel_service-0.3.4-x86-mswin32/lib/mongrel_service/init.rb (LoadError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inrequire’
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/gem_plugin-0.2.3/lib/gem_plugin.rb:134:in
load' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:235:ineach’
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:235:in each' from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/gem_plugin-0.2.3/lib/gem_plugin.rb:112:inload’
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5-x86-mswin32-60/bin/mongrel_rails:278
from c:/ruby/bin/mongrel_rails:16:in `load’
from c:/ruby/bin/mongrel_rails:16

The first thing I did was to check out the presence of init.rb and I
discovered that the folder mongrel_service-0.3.4-x86-mswin32 doesn’t
exist or better it has a different name:
mongrel_service-0.3.4-i386-mswin32.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening? How can I solve it?

Thanks

I forgot to mention the running app uses Rails 2.0.2 and the one I’m
trying to run Rails 2.3.4

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Sig Dx [email protected] wrote:

`load’
from c:/ruby/bin/mongrel_rails:16

Could be a bug from mongrel_service and one of its dependencies.

Please remove the gem and try install it again.

Also, verify you have latest gem_plugin gem installed.


Luis L.
AREA 17

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thanks but I don’t want to mess up with the working application so I
have simple duplicate the folder and renamed it and both apps work. It’s
not the best solution but works.

Have a good 1!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs