Mod_rails kills my Apache

I have not been so lucky in my experiments with the new mod_rails…

I’ve installed it on a server previously running mongrel clusters. I
followed the instructions to the letter.

The server is a FreeBSD 7.0
Apache is version 2.2 with MPM-prefork

There are no other sites running on the server except 2 Rails apps. No
PHP compiled into Apache.

I can setup mod_rails and run Apache and its sites with no problems.
However
within 4-8 hours, the sites become unresponsive. All Apache processes
are now reported by “ps aux” as . I cannot restart Apache
with “apachectl restart”, I have to reboot the entire server.

I cannot find anything inside the logfiles that gives any hint to what
is happening. I am totally clueless. I’ve now gone back to mongrel
until I find out what is wrong.

Any hints? Suggestions to where I should look?

I hope it is not inappropiate to post about this here…

  • Carsten

On May 18, 2:10 pm, Carsten G. [email protected]
wrote:

Any hints? Suggestions to where I should look?

I hope it is not inappropiate to post about this here…

Please see my reply at the Passenger mailing list.

Hongli L. wrote:

Please see my reply at the Passenger mailing list.

Where is the passenger mailing list? Is that a Google group?
Can we have a link?

Thanks.

On May 19, 5:44 pm, Ruby F. [email protected] wrote:

Where is the passenger mailing list? Is that a Google group?
Can we have a link?

Thanks.

It’s accessible from www.modrails.com -> (Commercial) Support ->
Discussion Board.

We’ve noticed that quite some people can’t find the discussion board/
mailing list, but we don’t know why. Could you provide us with some
insights as to why you couldn’t find it? That information might be
useful for improving the usability of our website.

Regards,
Hongli L.

On 20 May 2008, at 14:34, Hongli L. wrote:

We’ve noticed that quite some people can’t find the discussion board/
mailing list, but we don’t know why. Could you provide us with some
insights as to why you couldn’t find it? That information might be
useful for improving the usability of our website.

The fact that it has (commercial) in front of it? It wouldn’t be
immediately obvious to me that that links to both commercial & non
commercial support as opposed to just support, which happens to be
commercial in nature.

Fred

Ruby F. wrote:

Hongli L. wrote:

Please see my reply at the Passenger mailing list.

Where is the passenger mailing list? Is that a Google group?
Can we have a link?

http://groups.google.com/group/phusion-passenger/browse_thread/thread/eb077f3661584fd2

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs