mms2r version 2.0.1 has been released!
MMS2R is a library that decodes the parts of an MMS message to disk
stripping out advertising injected by the mobile carriers. MMS messages
multipart email and the carriers often inject branding into these
MMS2R if you want to get at the real user generated content from a MMS
having to deal with the cruft from the carriers.
If MMS2R is not aware of a particular carrier no extra processing is
done to the
MMS other than decoding and consolidating its media.
Contact the author to add additional carriers to be processed by the
Suggestions and patches appreciated and welcomed!
Corpus of carriers currently processed by MMS2R:
- Alltel: message.alltel.com
- AT&T/Cingular/Legacy: mms.att.net, txt.att.net, mmode.com,
- Dobson/Cellular One: mms.dobson.net
- Helio: mms.myhelio.com
- Hutchison 3G UK Ltd: mms.three.co.uk
- INDOSAT M2: mobile.indosat.net.id
- LUXGSM S.A.: mms.luxgsm.lu
- NetCom (Norway): mms.netcom.no
- Nextel: messaging.nextel.com
- O2 Germany: mms.o2online.de
- Orange & Regional Oranges: orangemms.net, mmsemail.orange.pl,
- PXT New Zealand: pxt.vodafone.net.nz
- SaskTel: sms.sasktel.com
- Sprint: pm.sprint.com, messaging.sprintpcs.com
- T-Mobile: tmomail.net
- Verizon: vzwpix.com, vtext.com
strip out common blackberry and iPhone signatures
handle carriers that use external mail services such as Yahoo! as
the From address
Add support for mobile.indosat.net.id (and yahoo.co.id) - Jason
Add support for sms.sasktel.com - Jason Haruska