minitest version 4.2.0 has been released!
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/minitest
- vim: https://github.com/sunaku/vim-ruby-minitest
minitest provides a complete suite of testing facilities supporting
TDD, BDD, mocking, and benchmarking.
"I had a class with Jim W. on testing last week and we were allowed to choose our testing frameworks. Kirk H. and I were paired up and we cracked open the code for a few test frameworks... I MUST say that minitest is *very* readable / understandable compared to the 'other two' options we looked at. Nicely done and thank you for helping us keep our mental sanity." -- Wayne E. Seguin
minitest/unit is a small and incredibly fast unit testing framework.
It provides a rich set of assertions to make your tests clean and
minitest/spec is a functionally complete spec engine. It hooks onto
minitest/unit and seamlessly bridges test assertions over to spec
minitest/benchmark is an awesome way to assert the performance of your
algorithms in a repeatable manner. Now you can assert that your newb
co-worker doesn’t replace your linear algorithm with an exponential
minitest/mock by Steven B., is a beautifully tiny mock (and stub)
minitest/pride shows pride in testing and adds coloring to your test
output. I guess it is an example of how to write IO pipes too.
minitest/unit is meant to have a clean implementation for language
implementors that need a minimal set of methods to bootstrap a working
test suite. For example, there is no magic involved for test-case
"Again, I can't praise enough the idea of a testing/specing framework that I can actually read in full in one sitting!" -- Piotr S.
4 major enhancements:
- Added minitest/hell - run all your tests through the ringer!
- Added support for :parallel test_order to run test cases in
- Removed last_error and refactored runner code to be threadsafe.
- _run_suites now runs suites in parallel if they opt-in.
4 minor enhancements:
- Added TestCase#synchronize
- Added TestCase.make_my_diffs_pretty!
- Added TestCase.parallelize_me!
- Lock on capture_io for thread safety (tenderlove)