I would like to migrate the documentation from Hiki to YARD.
So, I made a tool, and uploaded files to
Ruby-GNOME 2 - Browse /yard at SourceForge.net.
a tool to automate tasks and source parser(still incomplete)
example package with YARD style comments
example YARD documents
1.Change the Rules like vte.
- Change file name to like ‘rbvte-terminal.c’
- Change file header comments
- Define RG_TARGET_NAMESPACE macro
- Use RG_DEF_* macros
2.Embed YARD style comments from GIR(GObject Introspection),
and add ‘@todo fixme’ tag.
3.Fix the comments referring to Hiki documents and the source code,
and delete ‘@todo fixme’ tag.
Will be able to use the following:
$ gem install yagi_gnome
$ gem install vte
$ yard config -a autoload_plugins gnome
$ yard server -g
Go to http://localhost:8808/.
But there are some problems:
- yagi_gnome support only Ruby 1.9.2 or later.
- Documents aren’t generated on Windows, because gem is binary package.
- YARD server is too slow.
I have a few questions.
- What do you think of this migration steps?
- Could you help me migration step3?