Memory Leak When Searching For Multilingual Keyword(s)

On Windows XP, I played the AAF demo
(svn://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/trunk/demo) that works
nicely with English content. However, if the keyword is non-English (no
matter whether there is any content in db), the server immediately
causes memory leak over 1GB and stops responding. The languages I tried
include:

French (utf-8)
German (utf-8)
Spanish (utf-8)
Chinese (utf-8)
Japanese (utf-8)

Seems no existing online article / trick would solve the issue. I had
already tried all the tricks:

  1. MultiLingualFerretTools plugin
  2. set in environment.rb:
    $KCODE = ‘u’
    require ‘jcode’
    ENV[‘LANG’] = ‘[email protected]
    ENV[‘LC_TIME’] = ‘C’

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 02:00:57AM +0200, Arthur Chui wrote:

On Windows XP, I played the AAF demo
(svn://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/trunk/demo) that works
nicely with English content. However, if the keyword is non-English (no
matter whether there is any content in db), the server immediately
causes memory leak over 1GB and stops responding. The languages I tried
include:

Afair this is a win32 related problem, I never saw this behaviour on
Linux.

Jens


Jens Krämer
webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH
Schnorrstraße 76 | 01069 Dresden
Telefon +49 351 46766-0 | Telefax +49 351 46766-66
[email protected] | www.webit.de

Amtsgericht Dresden | HRB 15422
GF Sven Haubold, Hagen Malessa

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs