Match string from possible strings

Hi,

Ive looked about and found some ways to do this but there must be a 1
line quick way in ruby using regular expressions or something.

Basically i have a string “Test” and i want to see if it matches 3
constants that i have defined. If it does then i want to go route a,
and if it doesnt i want to go route b, so:

If “Test” (matches either of the following) string1, string2, string3
route a
else
route b
end

Anyone know the quick way?

JB

John B. wrote:

Hi,
If “Test” (matches either of the following) string1, string2, string3
route a
else
route b
end

Anyone know the quick way?

JB

if [string1, string2, string3].include?(‘Test’)

Hi

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:05:47 +0900, John B.

route a
else
route b
end

Anyone know the quick way?

This looks like a potential Ruby Q. challenge.

Kristian

If “Test” (matches either of the following) string1, string2, string3

Does “match” mean “is equal” or “match a regexp”?

If it is “is equal”

  • use include?
  • use case

if it means regexp matching

  • use […].grep.empty? for no match
  • build a single regexp to match all 3 constants and use =~

if [string1,string2,string3].include?(“Test”)

Regards,
Park H.

if [string1,string2,string3].include?(“Test”)

Regards,
Park H.

Yes,

This is what i have used,

thanks

JB

Hi,

I am currently looking for Ruby on Rails Web D.s for a permanent
and a contract opportunity based in London. If you are interested in
this opportunity, please feel free to contact me. Alternatively, if this
is not of interest to you but you have any friends or colleagues who are
looking for either Ruby on Rails work or indeed any other roles within
the IT field, please feel free to pass their details on to me or pass my
details to them.

Kind Regards,
Jasmine
[email protected]

John B. wrote:

route a
else
route b
end

Anyone know the quick way?

JB

What’s wrong with

if string1 == “Test” || string2 == “Test” || string3 == “Test”

Also, using the facets gem you can turn “include?” around using “in?”,
which might have a more intuitive feel.

require ‘facets’

a = “Test”
arr = %w(Test Toast Tryst)