From: pat eyler [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Fri 7/28/2006 7:19 PM
To: ruby-talk ML; [email protected]
Subject: Manning Ruby/Rails contest

Manning is running a contest: If you make the winning entry, you’ll
win a $100 Manning Gift Certificate (hey, that’d be two copies of
David’s awesome Ruby for Rails).

the contest is to complete the phrase:

Ruby is to Rails as ___________ is to __________________

The contest is at:
Ruby for Rails

thanks,
-pate

Ruby is to Rails as Chuck is to Norris

On 7/28/06, David R. [email protected] wrote:

Ruby for Rails

Just because you 're not paranoid doesn’t
mean they aren’t out to get you.

I went with “as Beer is to Pretzels”. I mean, both of them are great in
their own right but really rock w/ the 2nd noun.
Tim

Ruby is to Rails as the Force is to the Jedi

Hi –

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Tim Miller wrote:

I went with “as Beer is to Pretzels”. I mean, both of them are great in
their own right but really rock w/ the 2nd noun.

On the other hand, you can make pretzels without beer :slight_smile:

David

Ruby for Rails
Rails mailing list

----> SEE SPECIAL DEAL FOR RUBY/RAILS USERS GROUPS! <-----
http://dablog.rubypal.com => D[avid ]A[. ]B[lack’s][ Web]log
Ruby for Rails => book, Ruby for Rails
http://www.rubycentral.org => Ruby Central, Inc.

On 7/29/06, Craig W. [email protected] wrote:

On the other hand, you can do ruby web applications without rails.

But you have the order wrong: pretzel was the second item and Ruby was
the first.

Craig

Sincerely,

Tom L.
http://AllTom.com/
http://GadgetLife.org/

On the other hand, you can do ruby web applications without rails.

Craig

Hi,

David R. wrote:

Ruby is to Rails as mozzarella is to pizza

Better.. Rails is to Ruby as "mozzarella is to pizza" ;]

[…]

Jonas Roberto de Goes Filho (sysdebug)
http://www.sysdebug.com.br

“Tim Miller” [email protected] writes:

I went with “as Beer is to Pretzels”. I mean, both of them are great in
their own right but really rock w/ the 2nd noun.
Tim

On 7/28/06, David R. [email protected] wrote:

Ruby is to Rails as mozzarella is to pizza

I went with sex is to orgasm. :slight_smile:

Surendra S.
Read my blog at: http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/
,----
`----