Make .exe file by rubyscript2exe with no DOS?

I have fallow this
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/84263

I can make file.exe that can run normally by use

rubyscript2exe new/

new/ is my folder that contain data (image etc…)

and then I want to make it run without DOS I try

rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

It can make .exe file but when I click on it, it nothing happen… what
I’m doing wrong :’(

Pat K. wrote:

I have fallow this
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/84263

I can make file.exe that can run normally by use

rubyscript2exe new/

new/ is my folder that contain data (image etc…)

and then I want to make it run without DOS I try

rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

It can make .exe file but when I click on it, it nothing happen… what
I’m doing wrong :’(

Example:
test.rb - It’s your file.
and you want test.rb to test.exe yes?

It’s easy:

rubyscript2exe test.rb test.exe

my file is many picture and I want to make to exe for run in other
computer so I put all file in ‘/new’ unless It can make only .rb to exe
and can’t show picture. I can make .exe now but I will pop up DOS and I
don’t want it. I want to know how to do :’(

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Pat K. wrote:
| my file is many picture and I want to make to exe for run in other
| computer so I put all file in ‘/new’ unless It can make only .rb to exe
| and can’t show picture. I can make .exe now but I will pop up DOS and I
| don’t want it. I want to know how to do :’(
|

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.1.0

As Luka pointed out, you want the --rubyscript2exe-rubyw switch.


Phillip G.
Twitter: twitter.com/cynicalryan

~ I imagine bugs and girls have a dim perception that nature played a
cruel trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend
the magnitude of it. – Calvin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkgWen0ACgkQbtAgaoJTgL+6NACdEUsl4xoZwO9iqcmVFzYHOJS6
5VcAoKDM9ZqypIucaeeDzsMURrLMCkXj
=F1bt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Pat K. wrote:

I try

rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it’s nothing happen :’(

Try creating it with --rubyscript2exe-ruby and running in it a DOS box
first to see if it raises an exception.

Also, you should ensure that your script doesn’t call “puts” or similar
as this may cause errors with the -rubyw switch, because the output is
closed.

a

I try

rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it’s nothing happen :’(

Alex F. wrote:

Pat K. wrote:

I try

rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it’s nothing happen :’(

Try creating it with --rubyscript2exe-ruby and running in it a DOS box
first to see if it raises an exception.

Also, you should ensure that your script doesn’t call “puts” or similar
as this may cause errors with the -rubyw switch, because the output is
closed.

a

my code has some “puts” in other files that I require it. I will delete
it and try again. thank you :slight_smile:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs