I am working on a crawler, and I am encountering a large number of
getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution exceptions when I am
using open-uri. I am using a hybrid approach with a lot of forks and
lot of ruby threads running inside each process. Each of these is
making a open-uri calls. Is there something I should be doing to
ensure the proper DNS resolution is occuring. When I dig the sites
manually, all of them return a proper DNS entry.
Secondly, I have tried the ruby resolver, and that gave poor resolution
as well. I have tried this on both my linux machine and OS X, both
running ruby 1.8.4.