Error Message: MyMysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during
SHOW FIELDS FROM products
Running Fedora 5, using available Red Hat modules and latest version of
This problem just appeared. I had been enjoying going through the
when it started displaying this problem. With phpMyAdmin I am able to
depot_development data base containing entries that I had used the depot
application to display, enter, and edit with no problems earlier. The
application that still works is the non data base application “Hello
The dump follows.
Hope someone can help.
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in AdminController#index
Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query: SHOW FIELDS
Application Trace http://192.168.1.102:3000/admin# | Framework Trace
http://192.168.1.102:3000/admin# | Full Trace
application to display, enter, and edit with no problems earlier. The only
application that still works is the non data base application “Hello from
Rail” The dump follows.
Hope someone can help.
This might help…
Thanks for the response.
Because I am not experiencing the same problem with other DB
applications I have discounted, possibly mistakenly, MySQL. However I
will check the possibilities in the link you sent.
Philip H. wrote:
had used the depot application to display, enter, and edit with no
Rails mailing list
Thanks again. However, even though the link gave me more places to
look, I still haven’t found out anything useful.
I did try to build the scaffold from scratch by reloading the data-base
depot_development then trying to redo the application. I got as far as:
ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin and got the error:
“Before updating scaffolding from a new DB schema, try creating a table
for your model (Product)”
Using phpMyAdmin, I verified that depot_development existed, contained
the table, products, and I was able to access the data.
Felix Bearden wrote:
to access the depot_development data base containing entries that I
As per the suggestions in this link, I extended the time and made
applicable changes with no positive results.
A problem was at some time introduced to the system. As much as I hate
to, I am re-installing Fedora 5. It is about a three day effort for me
to get everything back from the backuped data files.
I understood that this was not necessary, or, at first I installed it
with no problems. I now get install errors. It appears that I am
missing some headers. (I need to keep better notes)
I am having other problems with my server, and as much as I hate to do
it, I am reinstalling it on a freshly formatted disk.
Will report on results after I finish.