Lone Star Ruby Conference V
(Thu-Sat) August 11-13, 2011
Norris Conference Center
Salutations and Felicitations (That’s Howdy for us Texans)
The fifth annual LONE STAR RUBY CONFERENCE
is getting under way and the call for speakers
is now open.
LSRC is a three day combo ‘training + dual-track’
Ruby Conference held in the capitol city of the
Lone Star State.
LSRC V (as it is known this year) is going to be bigger
and better than ever. To start, we have three of the
most influential and talented individuals in the Ruby
community keynoting the conference:
James Edward G. II
And, with the rapidly growing Ruby community, we
are experiencing a convergence of new people,
new ideas, and new applications delivered to us
daily through the cloud – creating exciting
opportunities. It’s a great time to be a developer!
We invite you to be a part of LSRC V and share your
knowledge, success and expertise by submitting
a speaking proposal at:
for a 40-minute talk.
Here are just a few sample topics:
- Cloud based Computing with Ruby
- Rails3 - Anything
- Best practices for open source contributions (Rails and others)
- Deployment options for Ruby-based apps
- Rack and available plugins
- Code minimalism: how we can write more in fewer lines of code
- Evented programming in Ruby
- Desktop programming with Ruby (MacRuby, Titanium Desktop, GTK)
- How to get started creating Ruby gems
- How to Test Ruby and/or Rails Apps
- Survey of Testing and/or Debugging Tools
- Getting Started w/ Ruby: tips, techniques, and resources you should
- Embedded Ruby
- Ruby and Network Security
- Ruby Success Stories
- Design and coding techniques
- Developer productivity tips and tools
- Patterns and best practices for developing Ruby code
- MRI, Rubinius, JRuby, YARV
- Ruby in the Enterprise
- Ruby in Small Business
- Ruby internals, meta programming
- Data filtering, reporting, parsing
- SQL and Non-SQL databases
- How I made a million dollars with Ruby
You name it. If it is Ruby related, we want to hear from you.
(Proposals are due Sunday, June 5, 2011.)
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in August.
Please feel free to email us with your suggestions on
how we can make this your perfect conference.
Registration for LSRC 2011 will open in early June.
See you in Austin in August!
Jim F. and the LSRC Team
Lone Star Ruby Foundation
For sponsorship, media or promotional partner opportunities,
contact Jim F. at jim at lonestarrubyconf _dot_com.
P.S. Proposals are due by midnight June 5, 2011.
P.P.S. You can follow conference announcements on Twitter at
P.P.P.S. Use the Twitter tags #lsrc and #lsrcv