Lol.. google undo send definitely is a fad


#1

It took me more than the 2 seconds I get from google to realize that I
sent
the previous email to the wrong address.


#2

As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a similar
feature for a while, that gives more customization. It just requires you
to make a rule :wink:

JD

From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Ivan Porto
Carrero
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:11 AM
To: ironruby-core
Subject: [Ironruby-core] lol… google undo send definitely is a fad

It took me more than the 2 seconds I get from google to realize that I
sent the previous email to the wrong address.


#3

Jim D. wrote:

As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a similar
feature for a while, that gives more customization. It just requires you
to make a rule :wink:

And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it’s already been
delivered, if I remember right…which of course I never did.

  • Charlie

#4

Jim D. wrote:

As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a
similar feature for a while, that gives more customization. It
just requires you to make a rule :wink:

Jim, are you really pimping Outlook? :wink:

Charles Oliver N. wrote:
And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it’s already been
delivered, if I remember right…which of course I never did.

I believe Jim was referring to making a Outlook rule which delays the
sending of an email by a minute or so, which then you can delete from
our outbox during that window and it will never be delivered; similar to
what gmail can do for you. The “retraction” system is far more inferior.

Ok, enough Outlook banter …


#5

No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature.
You can actually create a send rule that applies a delay based on all
sorts of criteria. See http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a
screen shot of the rule.

The “retraction” isn’t a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk
when I see a “Manager X has recalled an email” message…


#6

Curt H. wrote:

No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature. You can actually create a send rule that applies a delay based on all sorts of criteria. See http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a screen shot of the rule.

The “retraction” isn’t a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk when I see a “Manager X has recalled an email” message…

To be sure. One time the manager of a team I was on tried to retract a
spreadsheet containing everyone’s salaries. I think a couple people quit
that same day.

  • Charlie