Localhost:­3000

My third post here. I’m learning Rails.

getting Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

I reinstalled Ruby and Rails. I create the Rails new ??? then run
Rails
S or Rails server. still cant get the localhost:3000 to start.

I’m running Windows 8.1
Ruby version 2.0.0p0
Rails 4.0.0

On 4 July 2013 21:06, Oliver D. [email protected] wrote:

My third post here. I’m learning Rails.

getting Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

I reinstalled Ruby and Rails. I create the Rails new ??? then run Rails
S or Rails server. still cant get the localhost:3000 to start.

I’m running Windows 8.1
Ruby version 2.0.0p0
Rails 4.0.0

What do you see in the terminal when you run rails s or rails server?
Copy/paste it here, including the command line where you type the
command.

Colin

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Oliver D. [email protected] wrote:

getting Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

I reinstalled Ruby and Rails. I create the Rails new ??? then run Rails
S or Rails server. still cant get the localhost:3000 to start.

I’m running Windows 8.1
Ruby version 2.0.0p0
Rails 4.0.0

If you are running anything but webrick you could very well be on
another port.

I got it working. I reinstalled everything and run the file using Run
As
Administrator.

Thanks

I was about to suggest pow.cx until I realized you’re running on
Windows.
Sorry!

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Oliver D. [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Oliver D. [email protected] wrote:
If you are running anything but webrick you could very well be on another
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


visit my blog @ yawboakye.blogspot.com | call me on +233242057831 or
+233273201210

try http://0.0.0.0:3000 instead of localhost:3000… worked for me :wink:

Op donderdag 4 juli 2013 22:06:58 UTC+2 schreef Oliver D.:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs