Local variables: Ruby vs. IronRuby difference?

Hello,

Ruby:

irb(main):001:0> foo = 3
=> 3
irb(main):002:0> foo
=> 3

IronRuby:

foo = 3
=> 3

foo
:0: undefined method `foo’ for main:Object (NoMethodError)

Any idea, why this error thrown by IronRuby?

  • Alex

I fixed this a couple days ago. Don’t know whether it has already been
pushed out. Jim?

Tomas

wait… wait… Does this mean… we’re getting LOCAL variables in the
ir
REPL!?!?!?

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Tomas M.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid

y.e.s.

:slight_smile:

<removed_email_address@domain.invalidmailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>