LoadError

Hi, for the past few days, my site goes down a couplle times a day and
when it does I get an error like that below in my prod.log. If I reload
the main index page a few times the app eventually recovers and loads
properly but I’d like to know what is causing this to happen in the
first place and how to resolve it. Can anyone decipher this error here?
I have changed nothing with my app for a couple months so I don’t know
why it would start happening now. Thanks.

LoadError (Expected …/config/…/app/models/castle.rb to define Castle):
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:249:in
load_missing_constant' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:452:inconst_missing’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:464:in
const_missing' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:260:inload_missing_constant’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:468:in
const_missing' /app/controllers/castle_controller.rb:7:inindex’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1095:in
send' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1095:inperform_action_without_filters’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:632:in
call_filter' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:638:incall_filter’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:449:in
call' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:637:incall_filter’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:619:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:83:in
perform_action' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/base.rb:430:insend’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/base.rb:430:in
process_without_filters' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:624:inprocess_without_session_management_support’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:114:in
process' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/base.rb:330:inprocess’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/dispatcher.rb:41:in
dispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:168:inprocess_request’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:143:in
process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:109:inwith_signal_handler’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:142:in
process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:141:in
process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:55:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:25:in
`process!’
dispatch.fcgi:24

On Jun 8, 2007, at 6:48 PM, anrake wrote:

LoadError (Expected …/config/…/app/models/castle.rb to define
Castle):

It might help to see what’s in that castle.rb file.

-Rob

Rob B. http://agileconsultingllc.com
[email protected]

Hi Rob,

It might help to see what’s in that castle.rb file.

not much actually.

class Castle < ActiveRecord::Base
has_many :cpictures, :dependent => :destroy, :order => ‘vieworder’
has_one :highlighted, :class_name => ‘Cpicture’, :order =>
‘highlighted DESC’

acts_as_cache_clearer

acts_as_ferret :store_class_name => true

def to_param
“#{id}-#{castle_name_en.gsub(/[^a-z1-9]+/i, ‘-’)}”
end

end

Hello,

I’m having the same problem here.
Using Litespeed in production mode.
It’s intermitent and if I reload the page, it goes wothout errors…

I saw similar problems in Rails lists, but no answer…

Anybody could solve this ??

Parra

On 6/12/07, Marcello P. [email protected] wrote:

why it would start happening now. Thanks.

LoadError (Expected …/config/…/app/models/castle.rb to define Castle):
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:249:in
`load_missing_constant’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:452:in

Couple of suggestions that may fix your problem.

1. Make sure that you have no modules, classes defined by same name
    castle.rb.
  2. If your module depends upon some of the external libraries, either
    from RAILS_ROOT/lib directory or from standard ruby PATH, make sure
    that you explicitly require that library in environment.rb file.

gnufied

There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.
http://people.inxsasia.com/hemant