I’ve tried a bunch of things trying to get ruby/apache2 and php working
together. I looked over my earlier post and followed the instructions
on ezra’s website to install lighttpd on debian. I’ve gotten really far
but I think there is one bit missing:
- I got apache2 and php working together
- I got lighttpd working on port 3000 and my rails app launches ok
So at this stage, both PHP and Ruby are on the same server except that
ruby is on port 3000 while the rest is going on port 80.
- I copied/pasted this vhost section into my apache2/sites-enabled
folder in order to pass the sites that will be using ruby to lighttpd
changing the example.com to my URL.
- I got an error so I used a2enmod proxy. Stopped and restarted apache2
- After doing that when I go to my URL I get a 403 error: Forbidden
In fact, I can’t go to any IP/URL on that server without seeing a 403.
So even the PHP stuff broke at that stage.
It’s linked to the ProxyPass statements somehow. I’ve tried messing
with proxy.conf in my apache2/mods-enabled folder but that didn’t seem
to do anything.
I also changed lighttpd.conf to run on port 8000 in case that was the
error but that also didn’t change anything.
So now I’m at the stage where if I keep the proxy module I get the 403
error and if I don’t I can get to my PHP stuff, but can’t get to my
Is there some last step I’m missing?