Learning and developing Ruby on rails

Hi guys,
Sorry if this post is a nuisance, I am currently in CoderAcademy so far I have learnt CSS, Ruby, HTML, and now I am currently doing RAILS… Based on what I have heard rails is “Easy”, but at the moment I seem to be struggling to keep up with my class. I have gone through my lectures from the past week at least 2-3 times, each video is like 5-6 hours long… It just doesnt seem to click the way Ruby does. I do not mess around, practically spent my entire weekend studying. I am currently 2 lectures behind, as I spent too much time back tracking, I am concerned that I just “don’t have what it takes”, as I still have javascript, nodejs and some other stuff ahead… In short I would really like some advice on this… I really want this career path, but definitely cant stay unemployed long after I finish the course… I feel like me not getting certain aspects will be a hindrance when it comes to searching for jobs in the future.
Thank you in advance.

what are you building?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs