Jruby, profligacy

I am trying to test out profligacy for GUI as it seems to make it
reasonably simple to use swing.
http://ihate.rubyforge.org/profligacy/lel.html

taking their examples I can get them to run although I had to gem unpack profligacy and manually specify the path.
Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to compile this to class-
files that will run on a computer with only normal java installed?
where does the main-method go?

thank you

einarmagnus

Einar Magnús Boson wrote:

I am trying to test out profligacy for GUI as it seems to make it
reasonably simple to use swing.
http://ihate.rubyforge.org/profligacy/lel.html

taking their examples I can get them to run although I had to gem unpack profligacy and manually specify the path.
Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to compile this to
class-files that will run on a computer with only normal java installed?
where does the main-method go?

Compilation is not hard, but you’ll always need to ship JRuby if it’s
not already present on the target machine. That’s not hard either,
though. Is that what you want to do?

  • Charlie

On 20.11.2008, at 07:05 , Charles Oliver N. wrote:

Compilation is not hard, but you’ll always need to ship JRuby if
it’s not already present on the target machine. That’s not hard
either, though. Is that what you want to do?

  • Charlie

I’m sure it isn’t, I’m just not that used to java anymore. been a while.
I guess what I want to is to end up with a .jar that when run will do
the same thing as jruby ProfTest.rb is doing when ProfTest.rb
contains:

require ‘profligacy/swing’
require ‘profligacy/lel’

module Test
include_package ‘javax.swing’
include Profligacy

layout = "
[ label_1 | label3 ]
[ (300,300)*text1 | (150)people ]
[ <label2 | _ ]
[ message | buttons ]
"

ui = Swing::LEL.new(JFrame,layout) do |c,i|
c.label_1 = JLabel.new “The chat:”
c.label2 = JLabel.new “What you’re saying:”
c.label3 = JLabel.new “The people:”
c.text1 = JTextArea.new
c.people = JComboBox.new
c.message = JTextArea.new

 c.buttons = Swing::LEL.new(JPanel, "[send|hate|quit]") do |c,i|
   c.send    = JButton.new "Send"
   c.hate    = JButton.new "Hate"
   c.quit    = JButton.new "Quit"
 end.build :auto_create_container_gaps => false

end

ui.build(:args => “Simple LEL Example”)
end

how do I include jruby and profligacy inside a jar?

einarmagnus

Einar Magnús Boson wrote:

how do I include jruby and profligacy inside a jar?

Look at Rawr

http://rawr.rubyforge.org/


James B.

www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding
www.jamesbritt.com - Playing with Better Toys
www.ruby-doc.org - Ruby Help & Documentation
www.rubystuff.com - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs