JRuby on Rails on Google App Engine


#1

Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
Engine.
I’ve been part of a preview, and know that JRuby works well on it.
More information here:
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-on-google-app-engine-an-overview/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-google-app-engine/

Cheers


Ola B. (http://olabini.com)
Ioke creator (http://ioke.org)
JRuby Core Developer (http://jruby.org)
Developer, ThoughtWorks Studios (http://studios.thoughtworks.com)
Practical JRuby on Rails (http://apress.com/book/view/9781590598818)

“Yields falsehood when quined” yields falsehood when quined.


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

#2

Ola B. wrote:

Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
Engine.
I’ve been part of a preview, and know that JRuby works well on it.
More information here:
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-on-google-app-engine-an-overview/

http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-google-app-engine/

Ola always has surprises up his sleeve :slight_smile: Awesome news Ola, and thanks
for representing JRuby. I think this really cements JRuby as a
deployment target of choice for Ruby apps now. Maybe they’ll lay off the
damn C extensions a bit.

  • Charlie

To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

#3

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to post this, I got
through it
and successfully booted your blog code on app engine. Opened all kinds
of
doors and derailed my productivity in my day job for a bit.
again, thanks for taking the time on these posts and good luck on your
new
ventures.

http://devarboretum.appspot.com <–easy money


#4

Hi,

I have been working with GAE to, I would be interested to take a look
at
the errors you were getting if you still have them.

Josh

2009/4/23 Radosław Bułat removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#5

http://devarboretum.appspot.com <–easy money

I refreshed 4-5 times and got at least 3 different errors before I
finally saw page. I guess GAE isn’t very stable yet because I got 2
(3?) different errors that haven’t been look like RoR problems and
latest error was from RoR (“Something was wrong…”). Strange.


Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

#6

2009/4/24 Rados³aw Bu³at removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content

Sorry, I pressed accidentally ‘Send’ button.
Error message was:

Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html
500 Internal Server Error

I can’t reproduce others. You can probably reproduce first one by not
making any request. After some time GAE kills processes and that error
should occur in first couple requests.


Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

#7

2009/4/23 Josh M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

Hi,

I have been working with GAE to, I would be interested to take a look at
the errors you were getting if you still have them.

Josh

One of them was:

Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content


Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email