Jruby and glassfish proble


#1

I’ve got a Rails app that runs fine under JRuby on 2 servers (OS X and
Ubuntu) but on an Ubuntu 8.04 VM I’m using I am having a really hard
time
getting it running. The Glassfish domain starts, but there’s an error
that
prevents me from browsing to any page. The error is:

[#|2008-10-16T13:30:31.719-0700|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-80-1;_RequestID=ca9ccae0-baf5-4818-b55e-dcbf6909deb4;|
/usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated/jsp/j2ee-modules/klawatii/loader/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27
warning: already initialized constant UNIVERSAL_TAG_NAME
|#]

[#|2008-10-16T13:30:31.728-0700|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-80-1;_RequestID=ca9ccae0-baf5-4818-b55e-dcbf6909deb4;|WebModule[]Exception
caught
org.jruby.rack.RackInitializationException: IO error – jopenssl
from
/usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated/jsp/j2ee-modules/klawatii/loader/jruby/rack/rails.rb:46:in
require_frameworks_with_servlet_env' from /usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/klawatii/WEB-INF/gems/gems/rails-2.1.1/lib/initializer.rb:118:inprocess’
from
/usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/klawatii/WEB-INF/gems/gems/rails-2.1.1/lib/initializer.rb:97:in
run' from /usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/klawatii/WEB-INF/config/environment.rb:11:in/usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/klawatii/WEB-INF/config/environment.rb’

I’m running jruby 1.1.3 (I have tried upgrading to 1.1.4 w/ the same
problem). I have the following gems installed:

actionmailer (2.1.1)
actionpack (2.1.1)
activerecord (2.1.1)
ActiveRecord-JDBC (0.5)
activerecord-jdbc-adapter (0.8.2)
activerecord-jdbcmysql-adapter (0.8.2)
activeresource (2.1.1)
activesupport (2.1.1)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
hoe (1.8.0)
image_science (1.1.3)
jdbc-mysql (5.0.4)
jruby-openssl (0.3)
json-jruby (1.1.2)
mongrel (1.1.5)
rails (2.1.1)
rake (0.8.3, 0.8.1)
rspec (1.1.4)
ruby-openid (2.1.2)
rubyforge (1.0.0)
RubyInline (3.7.0)
simple-rss (1.1)
sources (0.0.1)
uuidtools (1.0.4)
warbler (0.9.11)

And in my warble.rb config file:
config.gems = [“rails”, “activerecord-jdbc-adapter”,
“ActiveRecord-JDBC”,
“jruby-openssl”, “uuidtools”, “ruby-openid”,
“activerecord-jdbcmysql-adapter”, “image_science”, “hoe”, “RubyInline”,
“simple-rss”, “json-jruby”]

The strange thing is that it works on the other two servers using the
same
codebase and config.

View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/jruby-and-glassfish-proble-tp20016816p20016816.html
Sent from the JRuby - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email