Jruby and actionwebservice

Hi everybody,

I am new on the list. In my current project I try to get jruby working
with actionwebservice. I installed jruby 1.1 under Ubuntu. Later I added
gems like rails and others. One of them was actionwebservice (sudo jruby
-S gem install actionwebservice).
If I follow the same instructions to get actionwebservice working under
MRI, I get the problem, that Actionwebservice is unknown:

uninitialized constant ActionWebService

My question to all of you is: Do you know any descriptions how to get
jruby working with actionwebservice? Or do you have any hints where I
made a mistake?

Thanks in advance,
Marco


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Marco D. [email protected] wrote:

uninitialized constant ActionWebService

My question to all of you is: Do you know any descriptions how to get jruby
working with actionwebservice? Or do you have any hints where I made a
mistake?

Can you show us an example piece of code for what you’re doing? Using
ActionWebService outside of a Rails app might require extra hoops
(requires,
etc.).

/Nick

Nick S. wrote:

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Marco D. [email protected] wrote:

uninitialized constant ActionWebService

My question to all of you is: Do you know any descriptions how to get jruby
working with actionwebservice? Or do you have any hints where I made a
mistake?

Can you show us an example piece of code for what you’re doing? Using
ActionWebService outside of a Rails app might require extra hoops
(requires,
etc.).

/Nick

Hi Nick,

I try to ue ActionWebService inside of a Rails application. I did’n to
very much until now. I created a “hello_message_api” in app/apis

class HelloMessageApi < ActionWebService::API::Base

api_method :hello_message, :expects => [{:firstname=>:string},
{:lastname=>:string}], :returns => [:string]

end

and I created a hello_message_controller:

class HelloMessageController < ApplicationController

web_service_api HelloMessageApi
web_service_dispatching_mode :direct
wsdl_service_name ‘hello_message’
web_service_scaffold :invoke

def hello_message(firstname, lastname)
return "Hello “+ firstname +” "+lastname
end

end

at least I added some lines to my environment.rb:

before the Rails::Initializer block

class Rails::Configuration
attr_accessor :action_web_service
end

in this block

config.action_web_service = Rails::OrderedOptions.new

config.load_paths += %W(
#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/apis
)

After a restarting the server and looking up for
http://localhost:3000/hello_message/wsdl I get the message:
uninitialized constant ActionWebService

I hope the description is precise enough.
Thanks so far!

I use the same code to create web services but i get the different error
" uninitialized constant HelloMessageController::HelloMessageApi "

What abuot this???

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Charles Oliver N.
[email protected] wrote:

Well, it’s definitely something we’ll want to look into soon. Given
the state of Ruby web service frameworks, the best option might be
getting JRuby to enlist in one of the standard “Java ways” a bit
better. That will probably mean annotation support.

I wanted to bump this old thread.

Has any progress been made in this regard?


To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Tim U. [email protected] wrote:

Has any progress been made in this regard?
Not by us, unfortunately. There are many others in the Ruby world who
see a need for better web services/SOA/whatever support in Ruby, but
not much has changed. We’re pretty resource-limited, so unless folks
like you or others in the community can go after this, it is pretty
far down the list of things for us to work on…

  • Charlie

To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Sushrut S. wrote:

I use the same code to create web services but i get the different error
" uninitialized constant HelloMessageController::HelloMessageApi "

What abuot this???

I used “require” to solve this.
“require ‘subdirectory_from_root_directory/name_of_rb_file’”

hope this helps.

Any solution for uninitialized constant ActionWebService??

Kalpesh P. wrote:

Any solution for uninitialized constant ActionWebService??

I used datanoise actionwebservice which works with newer Rails and jruby
Versions. I only used it in a testcase, so I can’t say anything to a
productive case.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs