The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.9.
This release has largely been a stabilization release where we have
more focus on Ruby compatibility. We are gearing up for a 1.0 release.
are some of the more significant acheivements for 0.9.9:
- Major compatibility and performance overhaul of String, Array, Hash
- Many YAML and Marshalling issues have been fixed
- Java Integration overhaul fixing many outstanding issues
- 180 Jira issues resolved
- Several more bottlenecks removed
- Rails applications like Mephisto and plugins like Goldberg are running
- Performance has improved by 40% over 0.9.8 based on YARV benchmarks
With all the hard work done by Marcin Mielz.yn’ski and Bill D. we
them as core committers. Their contributions have made a huge difference
our progress as of late.
We also want to thank all people who hang out on IRC,
issues, and communicate on our mailing lists. Their interest has really
helped shape JRuby into a better implementation.
Please take JRuby 0.9.9 for a spin and help us root out the last issues
before our 1.0 release!