Plated is at the forefront of culinary subscription, and we’re hiring a
Senior Software Engineer to join us on our quest to help people eat and
live better! We’ve been growing steadily since our start and are
to expand. This position will provide the perfect opportunity for an
experienced engineer to contribute to an exciting, growing startup.
At Plated, you’ll help us leverage technology to make healthier and
eating part of everyday living. Our development environment ensures that
our engineers are in touch with the interesting problems that they are
solving. Our technology stack, including our own proprietary software,
makes it possible to get fresh, high-quality perishable food from local
sources to tables in a more efficient way than ever before.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with talented designers, product managers, and fellow
engineers in a data-driven environment
- Design and implement multi-client APIs
- Develop, ship and maintain existing features by writing methodical,
- Contribute in the migration of key features into a microservice
- Participate in the recruiting process
What you need:
- 4+ years of professional (non-academic) full-stack or
backend development experience
- Thorough understanding of Ruby on Rails
- Professional development experience on at least one mobile product
- Passion for readable, well-designed and well-tested code
- Experience in an Agile development process
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly the
ability to articulate and communicate roadblocks early in the
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional
- Professional experience creating APIs for mobile clients
- Professional experience in Swift or Objective-C
- Experience with DevOps
We value your interest. All applications will be kept confidential and
receive a response. Want to learn more about us or our tech stack? Check
out our profiles onThe Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/plated
StackOverflow! http://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/plated We look
forward to meeting you,
Senior Technical Recruiter
Note to Search Firms: The appropriate contact for any engineering or
product placement pitch is Juliette Dupre, reachable through LinkedIn.
Please DO NOT email our staff members regarding your services. Please
the parameters of each position thoroughly and only present on-point
candidates. Plated will not owe a fee for any candidate presented
contract in place.
More About Plated
There are so many reasons to join Plated! We have one simple belief: In
order to live better, you must eat better. We make it possible for
consumers to cook fresh, quick and fantastic meals at home. We launched
2012 and have been blown away by customer response since then. We want
bring even more wonderful people, like you, onto our team to continue
redefining the way people think about food.
What’s Plated like?
- We are an energetic, creative group that loves to laugh. We’re a
place, where you will feel welcome and valued!
- We are using technology to fix the most broken market in the world. If
you love problem solving in action, there is no better environment.
- Our office is open floor-plan with plenty of comfy collaborative
spaces, beautifully situated in one of the loveliest Manhattan
- Everyone has a voice. You’ll be encouraged to contribute ideas that
have both in and outside of your team.
- The growth potential for your career here is awesome! Our engineers
ideal opportunities for training and promotion within the company.
- Plated is run on integrity. Our company values are not lip service, we
incorporate them into everything we do.
What are your rewards, benefits & perks?
This list is expanding all the time!
- The best part, you’ll enjoy a free box of Plated meals weekly plus
in-office free snack noms, test kitchen samples, bi-weekly company
bonding, and even a monthly book club with great food & conversation
- We recognize the value of our developers and offer competitive
compensation, plus stock options, based on level and depth of
- You’ll have unlimited vacation days with a “get your work done” policy
that respects your time.
- We offer insurance contributions to your premiums at 80% for medical
50% of both dental and vision.
- We also have an annual education stipend for your career development,
the right environment to grow your career internally.
- There’s even more to come - we are growing our benefits offerings as