Sabre Holdings connects people with the world’s greatest travel
possibilities by retailing travel products and providing distribution
and technology solutions for the travel industry through our three
companies: Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network and Sabre Airline
Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has
approximately 9,000 employees in more than 55 countries. Our teams
around the world work together to support travelers, travel agents,
corporations, government agencies and travel suppliers. Our team
members are people who take initiative, are resourceful and
innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their
hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with
countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life
balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
Travel Studios seeks an experienced software engineer to build and
support our newest product, TripCase.
TripCase is the ultimate travel toolkit to help travelers stay
organized, informed and connected when they travel. Our smart mobile
application enhances their travel experience by delivering advice,
alerts and tools relevant to when and where a traveler is in their
The Travel Studios crew is devoted to identifying, testing and
launching promising new travel concepts that show benefit for the
marketplace - bringing innovative approaches to business challenges.
Our sandbox of toys include wireless, semantic web, rich media
applications to name a few. Our team of industry and discipline
experts have a collected 150+ years experience, speak over a dozen
languages including signing, can write in over 30 technical languages,
boast a multi-patent holder, several sought after speakers and
writers, several award winning technologists, and an award winning
marketer. Yeah, we’re a fun group with a killer lounge and stocked
The ideal candidate must be a strong team player and love the fast-
paced environment of a startup business where the only certainty is
change. The role will work very closely with design and business team
members as well as other development organizations within the company
to develop product enhancements and launch new mobile platforms.
· Server side product application development and testing to
support mobile client development teams.
· Automated system & unit level testing
· Participate in new product & feature brainstorm sessions to
represent the confines & potential of internal and external services
· Maintain relationship with internal business and design teams
· Troubleshooting issues.
Required or Preferred Skills and Experience:-
· Design, develop and implement architectural solutions to
· Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent
track record of success, entrepreneurial drive
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
· Fast learner
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or equivalent. EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8 years
Experience with a wide range of platforms and technologies, including:
· Ruby on Rails
· RESTful + SOAP Web Services (both providing and consuming)
· Should have strong knowledge of one other language:
Java, .NET, C++, Objective C
· Planning and hands on experience managing the deployment of
applications (understanding of Linux/Unix systems, load balancing,
Apache/Nginix, performance tuning, databases, caching, security, etc)
· Agile Development Methodology
· Mobile phone application development (experience with
Objective C, Java/J2ME, BlackBerry API or C-Sharp) a plus.
· PCI Compliance experience a plus.
· Sabre GDS experience is a plus.