Do you have a passion to use technology for social and environmental
change?! Want to get in on the ground level of a promising company, as
a co-founder? This opportunity is equity based, and part-time to
start, leading to a full time opportunity as funding permits.
If you’re a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, developer then keep
We have a concept for and market interest in an online platform that
helps organizations attract and engage with the younger generation
around their sustainability initiatives and opportunities.
Our CEO has experience in the sustainability sector and has the
business skills to execute, but needs a technical partner to implement
and lead the technology development. That’s where you come in … we are
now looking for a technical entrepreneurial-minded person, with strong
development skills, to help us launch and grow our business. You
should love to write code, but if you also have an eye for design and
user experience – all the better. This is a hands on, collaborative
role, and is integral to the companies success.
You should be based out of the Vancouver or Victoria region. Recent
graduates with a portfolio are encouraged to apply!
Your experience & skills (our wish list):
• A degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of web application development experience with LAMP, Ruby
on Rails, Python/Django, or equivalent
• Solid SQL knowledge and experience building scalable database driven
• Experience using open source software and services
• Experience using Amazon’s Web Services a bonus
• Familiarity with SEO, landing page optimization, web analytics a
Who you are:
• Passionate about web technologies, usability, and agile development
• Motivated self-starter / entrepreneurial / excellent communicator
• Business-sense / solutions-focused / loves continuous learning
• Flexible and able to work in a start-up environment
• You will be working closely with the CEO and will be managing a
technical team in the future, so people skills are good
What we need from you:
• Architect, implement (code), and maintain our online platform
• Provide overall technical guidance, ideas, and leadership
• Use your tech savvy to solve business problems and create business
• Troubleshoot issues as necessary
Why Join Us?
• Great opportunity to get in on the ground level of a promising
company, lead technology development, and use your skills to make a
difference in the world!
• Early stage, equity based opportunity – terms negotiable. Part-time
to start, leading to a full-time opportunity as funding permits.
We Want to Hear From You!
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to [email protected].
Please include links to previous projects.