Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. (SullivanCotter) is looking for an
experienced Ruby on Rails developer with top-notch software design and
coding skills. This position is responsible for working with a
team to develop responsive and scalable web applications using Ruby on
Rails and other open-source technologies. This position is responsible
designing and implementing features for SullivanCotter applications, and
developing and maintaining applications built on Rails.
If you are interested in helping shape the future of a fast growing
company, please read on.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years of web application development experience using Ruby on
Rails, PostgreSQL and other open source technologies.
- Working knowledge of full-text search technology - Sphinx, Thinking
- Use source code management git (GitHub.com) and the collaborative
github pull-request workflow to track changes, create branches, and
patches between stable and release branches.
- Deep familiarity with Travis-CI and Airbrake.
- Working knowledge of Rackspace and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to work as a team and independently while leveraging the
contributions of others.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications for high performance
- Knowledge of and proficiency with database programming, analysis
- Ability to work closely with business team members and other
- Expertise with performance tuning, query optimization and database
- Ability to diagnose the root cause and troubleshoot issues whenever
- Object-oriented knowledge and concepts.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to participate in all stages of software development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ruby on Rails
- Sphinx and Thinking Sphinx
- Git/ GitHub
- Rackspace and AWS
SullivanCotter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.