Ruby/Rails Software Engineer; Boston, MA
Relocation within the U.S. available
This fully funded, privately owned e-commerce company is an online
fundraising platform. A fairly new offshoot of a very successful parent
company, they are fully funded and already profitable Top 200 e-tailer!
ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and rational designer who
bring new ideas and fresh solutions to the table, while staying true to
customer, our brand and business goals.
This platform allows crowd funding-campaign organizers to design
online and sell them through the company website, with the profits going
toward their chosen social causes.
On average, there are more than 3,500 fundraising campaigns running at
time on the company website.
We are looking for Software Engineers & Sr. Software Engineers with
Ruby/Rails chops to help build out the next version of our site. We’re
Rails, Jenkins, Capistrano, New Relic, CoffeeScript — and deploy
times a day in an Agile environment. Everyone pushes to production
supported by a clean stack and a solid process.
Day to Days:
- Identify and resolve challenges associated with a fast-growing,
high-volume, consumer-facing Web application
- Take ownership of critical functionality related to our platform
- Collaboratively and continuously innovation to provide the optimal
- Make appropriate architecture decisions for large section of the
- Lead/mentor other engineers and provide code leadership
- Set and ensure code quality standards are maintained
- Break out of the framework and know when to do it
- 3-7+ years’ professional experience as a full stack engineer with
knowledge of the the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 2-3 years’ hands-on Ruby/Rails experience; deep understanding of
intricacies of Rails
- 2-5+ years’ hands-on experience with: Ruby on Rails, PHP, Apache,
- Proven history of delivering operations-friendly solutions from
- Experience with large-scale, consumer-focused web sites
- Knowledge of at least 2 programming languages in detail, multiple
frameworks, and have built substantial sections of a web/mobile
- Deep commitment to test driven development, and demonstrated
of how you’ve incorporated it into recent projects
- Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages,
evolving frameworks, and other progressive technologies
Please send resume, online portfolio URL and salary requirements to