We are Wimdu, a cool start-up headquartered in the heart of Berlin.
Initially funded with $90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000
properties in over 100 countries worldwide, and is on track to become
Europe’s leading marketplace for private accommodation. Wimdu has the
vision, the passion, and the people to succeed, and we’re looking for
motivated folks to join our international crew.
For our IT Team in Berlin we are looking for a Ruby on Rails Intern:
Are you passionate about programming ? Do you enjoy working in an
international environment and contributing to the overall objective of
delivering well-designed and coded applications or application
enhancements? Then join our IT-team and work next to our talented RoR
• You acquire and maintain current knowledge of Ruby on Rails
• You code and work on projects which will lead to sophisticated backend
and frontend solutions
• Your work will substantially benefit our internet platform and improve
our User Experience
• You will code additional features and enhancements using test-driven
• You will actively participate in an extremely agile development
process with daily releases
• You study Information Science, Management Information Systems or a
• You are passionate about programming, and enjoy TDD in an agile
• You ideally have already gained experience with developing
applications like RoR, Python, Java, .Net or PHP
• You are a quick learner, and have strong analytical and problem
• You are an excellent communicator and love working in a team
If you seek an exciting opportunity to get some real-world developer
experience, working for one of Germany’s most successful internet
startups, then we are looking for you! As a Ruby on Rails Intern you
will have the opportunity to experience test-driven and agile
development on one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe.
We offer international startup-spirit based in a converted warehouse in
the heart of Germany´s capital. The Wimdu Academy, monthly events, and a
chill-out area complete our offer and will enrich your days as a part of
our fantastic team. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to obtain
a hands-on experience in a new, rapidly growing company, benefiting from
a highly-motivated team, flat hierarchies and flexible structures.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
Please forward your application, mentioning your earliest starting date,
by using the following link: