RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER: BIBLIOCOMMONS
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Ruby developer who will
be a major contributor to our innovative social discovery platform for
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is most comfortable in a flexible, collaborative environment
- Believes in releasing value to users early and often
- Thrives on building best-of-breed technology, and making it scale
- Delivers high quality code quickly
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years Rails development experience
- Minimum 5 years front-end web development and design
- PHP or Drupal development experience an asset
Toronto-based BiblioCommons is developing groundbreaking, hosted web
service solutions for libraries. We help turn the public library’s
online catalog into a highly interactive space, which our clients and
users routinely describe as “amazing”, “addictive” and “wonderful”.
Library websites across North America engage over 60 million online
users annually and collectively lend almost as many books, movies and
music CDs in a single month as Amazon sells in a year.
We’re Interested In:
Pushing the boundaries of the interactive web and “social discovery”
– making smarter connections between users and the content,
conversations, and the communities they’re most interested in – on a
Developing and delivering a product that matters – a vast, public
commons on the net where community organizes collections, and
collections organize community.
Supporting a fast-paced, agile development environment, with a team
of people who are as smart, inspired and committed as you are.
BiblioCommons is backed by an experienced management team and has
established contracts for broad-scale service delivery in both Canada
and the United States.
- Dependent on experience
If you’d like to be part of the team that develops and delivers these
solutions, please submit your CV and cover letter to: