Senior Web D. (RoR)
We’ve been retained by a well positioned and managed San Francisco
(SOMA) startup to find an exceptional Ruby on Rails (RoR) business
applications developer. Be a key part of a brilliant team making great
products for a huge Small Business market space. We’re looking for the
developer who wants to work with some of the brightest minds on Ruby,
dynamic Agile environment. Our client offers an A-list of team
members in a great start-up environment; above-market comp package
includes benefits and stock.
· Write bullet proof code that is highly scalable.
· Design and implement software for SaaS business management
applications and supporting middleware.
· Write unit tests and coordinate your development with the CTO and
the development team.
· Deploy applications.
· Perform version control with SVN and participate in release
· This position requires technical leadership qualities exercised in a
hands-on, non-bureaucratic style and a willingness to mentor and
review other team member’s work product as required to strengthen the
team and to improve the product.
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
degree or equivalent.
· Strong knowledge of building secure and scalable web applications
· Business or financial systems experience a big plus.
· REST or other services oriented design experience.
· Experience with JSON and XML, including parsing, schema, and
· Strong grasp of network protocols, caching, synchronization,
pooling, threads, concurrency, distributed computing, transactions,
· Disciplined approach to software development, with mindset of test-
driven coding and agile project management.
Strong teamwork skills, practical business sense and a passion for
delivering cool and innovative products.