Type: Permanent or Contract
Benefits: Health care, Laptop / computer
Common Ground Publishing is building new kinds of knowledge
communities, innovative in their messages and media by setting new
standards in conference, journal and experimental learning tools. We
are working on creating a revolutionary set of tools and services and
are intent on making significant and far-reaching improvements in the
fields of publishing and conferencing.
We currently have several exciting job opportunities for smart and
agile software developers, whose experience includes Ruby on Rails, to
assist in building this next-generation application suite.
You should have all of the following:
- A minimum of two years developing enterprise scale applications
using the MVC pattern;
- A minimum of five years writing software;
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate towards production quality
You should have at least two of the following:
- A minimum of one year experience working with Ruby on Rails, and a
good understanding of the Rails way;
- Extensive use of web technologies such as JS, AJAX, DHTML and CSS;
- Experience working in other dynamic and/or scripting languages;
- Extensive use of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres, and
their associated tools;
- Experience working in an Extreme Programming environment.
Successful candidates will work in a TDD/BDD environment on their own
initiative and produce clean, consistent and maintainable code to
specification. We also expect everyone to participate in overall
design and help ensure that Common Ground Publishing delivers the best
possible product. Of course, we expect everyone to be team-players.
We’re a small company and we hate politicking. We delight in
innovating and strive to be the best. We love ideas, and love
delivering results even more.
United States, Champaign-Urbana, IL.
This role requires on-site work
Salary and Terms
Hours: Full Time
Length of employment: One month trial, then permanent
To apply or for more information, please contact
[email protected] with resume and cover letter no later
than Friday May 31st, 2010