Over the last two years, Bonanzle has been amongst the fastest growing
marketplaces in all of ecommerce. Since launching in late 2008, we
have grown to nearly 2 million monthly visitors and more than 3
million items posted for sale. We are looking to continue our
aggressive growth by adding all star talent to our small, Seattle-
based team. As Bonanzle’s Lead Ruby on Rails developer, you will work
with the Product Lead and CEO to craft a code base that is modular and
able to evolve quickly. Just as our company does. Our core company
goal is to hire the best people possible, give them clear objectives,
and let them flex their creative muscles without being micromanaged.
We keep our processes to a minimum so you can keep your output at a
- Three years experience coding web applications (at least half of
which was spent using Rails)
- Extremely strong coding skills, with talent that has proven itself
through a continuous string of successful projects.
- Ability to quickly digest, conceptualize and modify unfamiliar code.
- Penchant for writing DRY, highly flexible, Rails code.
- Deep familiarity with databases, preferably Mysql. Prefer experience
working in databases of millions of records.
- Worked in Linux two or more years.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, and permanent legal
right to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a startup environment: May involve work after normal
business hours, and being on-call.
- Ability to commute to the Seattle area.
- Highly competitive salary
- High performance Mac (or Ubuntu) machine with large LCD dual
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Stock options plan
- Paid vacation
- Performance bonuses
- Paid trips to relevant developer events