RoR Software Engineer
Job Code: 13SE.001
Location: Lexington, MA
FirstFuel Software is looking for a talented and creative full stack
on Rails (RoR) developer to join its Engineering team. As a ROR
you will take the lead in developing engaging ROR applications by
interactive presentation of complex energy data and patterns. You will
closely with the user experience designers and product managers to
full-stack prototypes of new concepts and ideas. You will work on
cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and
engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade
If you have experience creating simple, engaging consumer applications
using ROR and related technologies, want to work had in a fast-paced
environment for a rapidly growing start-up, and want to make an impact
global energy conservation effort for the result of your work, this is
job for you…
- Formal education or experience in structured software development.
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science preferred.
- 3-5 years of RoR and web development experience (REST, Web
- Experience developing production quality commercial applications
through a full lifecycle of product development, validation and
- Experience with agile design and release methodologies and Scrum
lifecycle practices, or a strong desire to learn including: pair
programming, test driven development, continuous integration,
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with cross-functional
and to communicate with executive sponsors.
- Expert level knowledge and hands on experience working with Ruby On
Rails technologies (Ruby, Rails, Rspec, Active Record, etc).
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience working with
- Ability to implement HTML and CSS from mockups.
- Exposure to large scale systems development, especially enterprise
- Passion for building and delivering high quality products in a
- You jump at the chance to sketch, post-it, mind map, and brainstorm
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and ideas for creating
- Experience working in a Mac or Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of MVC and ORM architecture.
- Knowledge of Java and AWS deployment.
- Experience implementing responsive designs using Twitter Bootstrap,
Foundation or other frameworks.
- Experience working with EC2/Hiroku, Capistrano, Git, newRelic,
CoffeeScript, SCCS, etc.
To apply for this position, please send your cover email and CV to
[email protected] [email protected]. Please note that we are
unable to provide work authorization (H1B, Permanent Resident or
“Managers and policy makers are referring to Energy Efficiency as the
‘first fuel’”- Jon Wellinghoff, FERC Chairman
FirstFuel Software is the trusted source for energy use intelligence.
FirstFuel helps customers deliver scalable energy efficiency through the
Remote Building Analytics platform, which uses advanced meter data
analytics to identify, enable, and track energy efficiency savings
the meter in commercial buildings - all without onsite visits or device
installations. Designed to be rapidly and cost-effectively deployed
hundreds or thousands of commercial buildings, FirstFuel changes the
at which the sector can achieve its energy efficiency goals. Founded in
2009 and privately held, FirstFuel is headquartered in Lexington, Mass.
more information, please visit firstfuel.com http://firstfuel.com/.