We’re looking for some solid Rails developers at OneCause, part of
Rakuten USA, in Boston. Job description is below. Please let me know
if you’re interested!
Are you a Web D. with experience working on Consumer Websites?
Do you like the idea of working for a company that isn’t a non-profit,
but works to help others? Are you dedicated to working with the most
cutting-edge technology? If so, now is the time to learn more about
OneCause, is a loyalty marketing company for community-minded
merchants and services providers. We offer a nontraditional
fundraising platform for schools and nonprofit organizations, while
simultaneously providing community-minded merchants and service
providers a cause-based loyalty marketing program.
Our parent company, Rakuten, headquartered in Tokyo, is one of the
world’s largest and most comprehensive Internet service companies,
providing leading services in e-commerce, portal & media, travel,
financial services, and professional sports. Internationally, Rakuten
has 3,000 employees in 7 countries and yields over a billion dollars
in annual revenue. Rakuten has one of the most recognized Internet
brands in Japan and owns Japan’s newest professional baseball’s
franchise, the Rakuten Eagles.
Under the direction of our Director of Technology, our new Developer
will be responsible for both new/migratory application system design
and development in Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java Servlets, JSP, and Java
CauseLoyalty works with state of the art technology including a
web-based client login interface, transaction processing systems,
invoicing and payment systems, a corporate web site, ad serving and
tracking, mass e-mail systems, as well as several backend and other
OLTP systems. MySQL and Oracle are the current RDBMS used for these
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with MySQL or Oracle, or other compatible SQL and PL/SQL.
• Solid experience designing and programming a Ruby on Rails or Java
web-based system either in an educational/research or business
• Experience or familiarity with Unix/Linux, Web Services, XML/XSL,
• Strong verbal & written communication skills. “Team Player”
mentaility is a must.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• A Fascination with technology and a drive to succeed.
• Experience with, and interest in; social networking, social
shopping, e-commerce, affiliate marketing, ad networks and/or consumer
• Aptitude for standard project lifecycle practices including source
code versioning control and maintenance.
• Experience with open source projects.
• Leadership qualities and project management skills (successful
candidates may be tasked with leading projects.)