Are you a Ruby on Rails enthusiast? Do you want to work with Ruby on Rails at the world’s largest consumer electronic company based out of Cupertino?
If you’re interested send your resume to [email protected] (more details below)
Be a part of a team that develops and manages warehouse management, logistics, and inventory-based systems that are used by all of the company’s global 3rd party partners.
Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components. Design, code, test, and implement websites and applications, for either internal or external uses. Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations. Responsible for creating and modifying documentation corresponding to websites. May collaborate with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, networking) and with external vendors. Maintain and update websites and ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization. Requires both front-end (GUI) and back-end development experience.
Maintenance and feature development for existing Rails 5/6 application
Domain focused on electronic recyclables - inventory, scheduling, transportation, management, and processing
API integrations with 3rd party companies and internal applications
Expert knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework and Ruby as a core language (5 years minimum)
Extensive knowledge of API design and interface technologies (JSON, ProtoBuf, REST, RPC, XML, etc)
Working knowledge of Continuous Integration suites (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc)
Working knowledge of integrated testing frameworks (RSpec, MiniTest, etc)
None required; prefer professional experience over education
4-year degree or technical training program (bootcamp, etc) is a nice to have
• Assist in developing and designing web applications, components, services and API integrations
• Collaborate with internal/external technical teams to align on appropriate design for requirements
• Design, code, test, and implement technical requirements for internal and/or external uses
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity, and system limitations
• Assist in creating and modifying technical documentation while collaborating with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, networking), and with external vendors
• Maintain and update web applications, API integrations, portals and platforms and ensure data quality, integrity, and consistency across the organization using both front-end (GUI) and back-end development experience.
• Assist in maintaining existing features and in developing new features for existing Rails 5/6 application
• Assist in the domain focused on electronic recyclables - inventory, scheduling, transportation, management, and processing API integrations with 3rd party companies and internal applications
Top Skills Details:
Primarily use Ruby on Rails on this team:
Looking for expert knowledge.
At least 5 years professional experience within RoR and previous jobs
Able to do API design with any interface technology, creating Rest APIs that will be consumed by different systems
Functional Over Form - UI is not heavy for engineer but god to have
Golang Experience - Another programming framework - good to have
Inventory management domain - APIs - ability to create and be able to consume APIs. Bidirectional system integration.