Javascript call in mail Url


#1

I want to implement a javascript call in callback mail. There is any way
to
do this …
Answer will be appreciated ,thanks


#2

On 31 July 2014 12:39, Raudra removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I want to implement a javascript call in callback mail. There is any way to
do this …

Can you explain what you mean by ‘callback mail’?

Colin


#3

On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Colin L. wrote:

On 31 July 2014 12:39, Raudra removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I want to implement a javascript call in callback mail. There is any way to
do this …

Can you explain what you mean by ‘callback mail’?

Colin

Also, if you expect a JavaScript to execute in a mail client (Outlook,
Gmail, Mail.app) you will be waiting a very long time. That door is
bolted securely shut for very good reason.

Walter


#4

Walter D. wrote in post #1153927:

On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Colin L. wrote:
Also, if you expect a JavaScript to execute in a mail client (Outlook,
Gmail, Mail.app) you will be waiting a very long time. That door is
bolted securely shut for very good reason.

If I’m not mistaken this is also true for most web based mail apps
running in browsers. Running JavaScript from user provided input (i.e.
the HTML email body) would very much open up the email viewer page to
XSS attacks. I’m quite sure the web mail clients would aggressively
strip all JavaScript from the contents of the email.


#5

On Jul 31, 2014, at 7:24 PM, Robert W. wrote:

strip all JavaScript from the contents of the email.
That’s what I meant by adding Gmail in there. I forgot about the native
Gmail client on iOS, so that was ambiguous. This goes all the way back
to Hotmail before MS bought it. Even though the browser can run JS, they
would be mad to let you do that to yourself without really aggressive
sanitization.

Walter