Is rubyquiz.com dead?

Thread title says everything.

This sucks. I was planning on uses those for practice… Does anyone know
the owner’s email?

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Alphonse 23 [email protected]
wrote:

Thread title says everything.

Seems so:

I’ve checked the whois record and saw that the domain is using
dnsimple, and I recall reading on twitter something about dnsimple
having availability problems recently. Not sure if it’s related,
though.

Is James (@JEG2) still reading this list?

Jesus.

archive.org has a fairly complete archive of the website from eairler
this
year.

It would probably be a good idea to get it in a git repo somewhere and
go
from there.
http://web.archive.org/web/20120114043715/http://rubyquiz.com/

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Jess Gabriel y Galn <

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Alphonse 23 [email protected]
wrote:

This sucks. I was planning on uses those for practice… Does anyone know
the owner’s email?

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=rubyquiz.com

Jesus.

In no way shape or form am I saying that I have the time to manage or
update or host a new version of rubyquiz.com but I did go ahead and put
up
a public git repo of a clone of the ruby quiz site.
It is mirroring now.

check it in about 10 minutes. I’ll push the mirror to github when it is
done downloading.
if anyone wants to collaborate and help make it a github pages site, let
me
know.

Andrew McElroy

Hey Andrew I’d be interested in making it github pages site. What would
go into doing such a thing?

My idea was to convert to a jekyll site, also, tracking down all the
solution code is stuff i dont have time for, but would gladly either
accept
pull requests or be fine with someone else being the canonical repo.

There’s always the RubyQuiz book…

I think it’s available on Amazon.

Okay sounds super cool! I’m in. Though, I’m actually going to be super
busy for the next three weeks. I’ll figure it out though.

I’ve never used jekyll before, but from what it looks like it’s only
capable of holding a single page web app. Is that the case? So if we
were to clone the ruby quiz website, we’d have to load every thing into
a single page?

Also, I wouldn’t mind being the canonical repo.

I haven’t had a chance to work on this today. The next step could of
steps
for me include grabbing the solutions off wayback machine and putting
this
in a static page (jeckyll) format so that github pages can host it.

I’d like to reach out to the domain holder of rubyquiz.com and see if he
would be willing to either transfer the domain or redirect the domain to
github pages hosted version when it is ready.

I’ll build the jekyll site. I’ve been spending the last few days
learning how to build site in jekyll. Do you guys mind if I redesign the
rubyquiz website?

Hi Andrew,
Id like to collaborate with you. Im a senior analyst programmer and I
have a master in Education area.
Tell me what you need to do and we can organize how do it.
Best regards.
Cassio

In no way shape or form am I saying that I have the time to manage or
update or host a new version of rubyquiz.com but I did go ahead and put
up a public git repo of a clone of the ruby quiz site.
It is mirroring now.

check it in about 10 minutes. I’ll push the mirror to github when it is
done downloading.
if anyone wants to collaborate and help make it a github pages site, let
me know.

Andrew McElroy

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM, andrew mcelroy [email protected]
wrote:

archive.org has a fairly complete archive of the website from eairler
this year.

go for it

rubyquiz · GitHub is taken! Who would do such a thing!

On 8 Ιουν 2013, at 12:06 , Alphonse 23 [email protected] wrote:

rubyquiz · GitHub is taken! Who would do such a thing!

I’m sure they killed Kenny too † Those bastards™

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email: [email protected]
GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5

James Edward G. II wrote me back. He’s still planning on continuing to
maintain the site. He just needs to needs to move it to another server
then rubyquiz.com with be back online. False alarm.

So, I emailed James Edward G. II, the for webmaster of rubyquiz.com
asking him for permission to use the sites content. When I hear back
from him I’ll get to work uploading everything to a github jekyll site.