Is fastthread required for Mongrel or not?

All,

I just saw this Zed S. post from a few months back:
http://osdir.com/ml/lang.ruby.mongrel.general/2007-01/msg00033.html
which seems to imply that I should be using fastthread or I may
encounter memory leakage in Mongrel.

Currently, I don’t have fastthread installed on any platform.

Any more complete info./advice on this?

Thanks,
Wes

Are you saying you don’t have fastthread cuz you didn’t install it or
did you check “gem list” and it’s not there. The gem is installed on my
dev machine and at least one server but I never specifically installed
it… so something pulled it in.

b

Ben M. wrote:

Are you saying you don’t have fastthread cuz you didn’t install it or
did you check “gem list” and it’s not there. The gem is installed on my
dev machine and at least one server but I never specifically installed
it… so something pulled it in.

b

I do a gem list and it’s not there on my dev (windows) box (could be
that the mongrel distributed with RadRails doesn’t include?).

W

I have 1.0.1 - the win32 version. Maybe fastthread doesn’t come with
that?

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:15 PM, Wes G. wrote:

I do a gem list and it’s not there on my dev (windows) box (could be
that the mongrel distributed with RadRails doesn’t include?).

W

Sounds like you have an old verison of mongrel. You should be using
1.0.1. What version of mongrel do you have installed? You could just
gem update mongrel and you will get the latest + fastthread.

Cheers-
– Ezra Z.
– Lead Rails Evangelist
[email protected]
– Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
– (866) 518-YARD (9273)

On Apr 25, 2007, at 7:53 AM, Wes G. wrote:

I have 1.0.1 - the win32 version. Maybe fastthread doesn’t come with
that?

Hmm I don’t know, I haven’t used windows in a few years. But when I
do a gem install of fastthread there is a pre built win32 port. So I
suggest you install it:

ez slices $ sudo gem install fastthread
Need to update 13 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org

complete
Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-darwin8.8.1)

  1. fastthread 1.0 (ruby)
  2. fastthread 1.0 (mswin32)
  3. fastthread 0.6.4.1 (ruby)
  4. fastthread 0.6.4.1 (mswin32)
  5. Skip this gem
  6. Cancel installation

Cheers-
– Ezra Z.
– Lead Rails Evangelist
[email protected]
– Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
– (866) 518-YARD (9273)

On Apr 25, 2007, at 8:42 PM, Wes G. wrote:

Mongrel should just pick up fastthread if it is present correct?

Thanks Ezra,
Wes

Wes-

Yup it will just use it if it is there.

Cheers-
– Ezra Z.
– Lead Rails Evangelist
[email protected]
– Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
– (866) 518-YARD (9273)

Mongrel should just pick up fastthread if it is present correct?

Thanks Ezra,
Wes

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs