Tomas

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Rodrigo
Kumpera
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] IronRuby usage of ConditionalWeakTable

Hey folks,

I downloaded DLR from dlr.codeplex.comhttp://dlr.codeplex.com a few
days ago and IR was not properly using CWT to store properties on CLR
objects.

Has this been fixed?

That’s pretty odd given that there is code to transparently use CWT
instead
of Dictionary<WR, object>.

I was hoping for to use IR to benchmark my current implementation of CWT
on
mono. :frowning:

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]

Don’t rush at finishing it just because of me. Specially because the
managed
part of our CWT
is doing linear search instead of been a hashtable. I’m halfway thru
implementing it and it would
be awesome to have it done since most of my tests are artificial.

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]

Yes, it should be easy to switch over to CWT. I can look at doing so
tomorrow if it helps you.

Tomas

That’s pretty odd given that there is code to transparently use CWT
instead of Dictionary<WR, object>.

I was hoping for to use IR to benchmark my current implementation of CWT
on mono. :frowning:

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]>
wrote:
No, IronRuby still uses a custom weak table, which doesn’t work properly
in all scenarios.

Tomas

From: