IronRuby on NetBeans

Hi friends,

I was trying to use IronRuby as a Ruby platform in NetBeans but without
any
success. It keeps telling me that the interpreter doesn’t seem to be a
valid
Ruby interpreter.
This is what I have tried without success:

  • I figured out that NetBeans was trying to run a file on the path
    “C:\program files\NetBeans 6…” which has spaces, so I tried to point
    it
    to a batch file I had created that executes ir “%*”. No success.
  • Tried to move NetBeans to a directory with no spaces at the path. No
    success.

I guess it’s something more than just doing that. From NetBeans log I
can
see that it fails every time with the next error:
WARNING [org.netbeans.api.ruby.platform.RubyPlatformManager]: Detection
of
platform timeouted

Is someone familiar enough with NetBeans to find the reason for that?

Thanks!
Shay.

I guess you’d have to make ironruby a known platform for Netbeans,
perhaps
they only check for executable names that have ruby in them. you can try
symlink (ntfslink i believe) ir.exe to ironruby.exe and see where that
gets
you. (copying should also work)
I’m using Rubymine, very similar to netbeans but works with IronRuby.

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

I’ve recently fixed issues with spaces in paths in %x{}. So maybe the
latest IronRuby build would work if this is the blocker.

Tomas

[...]

I don’t know about ntfslink, but I know mklink will work for NTFS
symlinks and hard links (and junctions)

JD

I guess you’d have to make ironruby a known platform for Netbeans,
perhaps they only check for executable names that have ruby in them. you
can try to symlink (ntfslink i believe) ir.exe to ironruby.exe and see
where that gets you. (copying should also work)

I’m using Rubymine, very similar to netbeans but works with IronRuby.

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Shay F.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
[...]

Shay F.
Author of IronRuby Unleashed
http://www.IronShay.com
Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]