Ip based access behind nginx load balancer

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer.I’m
using nginx-0.7.66.I have 6 webservers running Apache, tomcat, IIS on
it. We are using ip base access for some directories and files on our
servers.But when we use nginx as a load balancer, these rules (ip based
access on apache,tomcat and IIS) are not working , because of our
servers are seeing Nginx’s ip address as client ip address.

Does anybody know how I can pass client’s ip addresses directly through
our servers on Nginx?

here is our sample nginx.conf
#########################

#user nobody;
worker_processes 16;

error_log logs/error.log;
pid logs/nginx.pid;

events {
worker_connections 1024;
}

upstream webserver_a {
ip_hash;
server 192.168.100.4:80;
server 192.168.100.5:80;
}

server {
listen *:80;
server_name our.domain.com;
access_log logs/webserver_a.access.log;

location / {

proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
# needed for HTTPS
proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_redirect off;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;

  proxy_pass http://webserser_a;
} # location

} # server
} # http

Posted at Nginx Forum:

You are allready pasing them back to your backend servers with:

The thing you need now is that the backend webservers use this as the
real
clients IP.

For Apache you can use mod_rpaf http://stderr.net/apache/rpaf/ ( just
change the RPAFheader to X-Real-IP obviosly).
For nginx you use the RealIp module (
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpRealIpModule )

For IIS I am not sure (as I dont use it) but quick googling gave
something
like this http://www.winfrasoft.com/X-Forwarded-For.htm

rr