Interfacing GNU Radio with RF digitizer product

Hi everyone,

I’m working with ThinkRF (www.thinkrf.com) to implement a GNU Radio
backend for their “WSA1000E Remote RF Digitizer” product
(http://www.thinkrf.com/wsa1000e.html). Their product is (internally)
very similar to the USRP devices, but it is RX only. In particular,
there is an FPGA for processing the ADC data so we’re looking to reuse
some of the Verilog code already written for the USRP2. The PC
interface is USB2, so the bandwidth will be in the same ballpark as
USRP1. Any modifications or derivatives of GNU Radio will be released
under GPL2.

I have only one question at this point: is the Git repo (under the
usrp2 directory) the main place where development happens for the
USRP2? Any other repos I should look at/keep an eye on?

Thanks,
Catalin

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:28, Catalin P. [email protected]
wrote:

I have only one question at this point: is the Git repo (under the
usrp2 directory) the main place where development happens for the
USRP2? Any other repos I should look at/keep an eye on?

For now, yes. We haven’t yet made a formal announcement, but the FPGA
code for both the USRP1 and USRP2 will be moved over to a repository
managed by Ettus R…

Johnathan

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:21, Catalin P. [email protected]
wrote:

One more question: what is the difference between the various u2_revX?

They are various hardware revisions; the current shipping hardware us
u2_rev3. The vast majority of the FPGA code shared among them.

Johnathan

Under usrp/firmware/src I see a directory called “usrp2”. This is the
Cypress firmware for USRP2? (while usrp2/firmware is firmware for the
microblaze?)

Is the Cypress USRP1 firmware still kicking around anywhere?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Johnathan C.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Johnathan C.
[email protected] wrote:

For now, yes. We haven’t yet made a formal announcement, but the FPGA
code for both the USRP1 and USRP2 will be moved over to a repository
managed by Ettus R…
Okay, thanks.

One more question: what is the difference between the various u2_revX?

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:33:55AM -0500, Catalin P. wrote:

Under usrp/firmware/src I see a directory called “usrp2”. This is the
Cypress firmware for USRP2? (while usrp2/firmware is firmware for the
microblaze?)

Long, long ago, there was a prototype for the USRP, and that ran code
that used to exist in the now removed usrp1 directory.

usrp2 is the directory for the second architectural rev of the USRP1
(Note that when these directories were created, the USRP2 was years
in the future.) Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

The USRP1 firmware is contained in /usrp/firmware/*

The USRP2 firmware is contained in /usrp2/firmware/*

Eric

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Eric B. [email protected] wrote:

usrp2 is the directory for the second architectural rev of the USRP1
(Note that when these directories were created, the USRP2 was years
in the future.) Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Thanks for the clarification!

The USRP1 firmware is contained in /usrp/firmware/*

The USRP2 firmware is contained in /usrp2/firmware/*
I was about to ask where’s the USB firmware for USRP2… but then
realized it doesn’t even have USB :slight_smile:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs