Installing via PyBombs

Hello… new user here. I need to know what do next. There is no GRC
icon after the install. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I ran the following on a very fresh install of Ubuntu LTS.

sudo apt-get install git

git clone git://github.com/pybombs/pybombs

cd pybombs

./pybombs install gnuradio

sudo ldconfig

There were no errors reported along the way and took about 1 hour. I
selected all of the defaults during the pybombs install.

Terminal window displayed the following upon completion:

Best unaligned arch: u_sse3
RUN_VOLK_TESTS: volk_32f_s32f_multiply_32f(
204602,10000)
u_sse completed in 470ms
u_avx completed in 480ms
generic completed in 1110ms
a_sse completed in 470ms
a_avx completed in 500ms
a_generic completed in 1120ms
Best aligned arch: u_sse
Best unaligned arch: u_sse
Creating “/home/xxxx/.volk”…
Writing “/home/xxxx/.volk/volk_config”…

xxxx@xxxx-TECRA-R950:~/pybombs$ sudo ldconfig
[sudo] password for xxxx:
xxxx@xxxx-TECRA-R950:~/pybombs$

Now what?

Hi John.

In a command window, type

gnuradio-companion

That will launch grc. While it’s open, you will have an icon on the
left-hand icon bar.
Right click the grcicon, and lock it to the launch bar, then you’ll have
an icon in the future.

– Tom, N5EG

[...]

John,

You need to run: “./pybombs env”

and then follow the instructions about using the “source” command to set
the environment variables.

Once this is done type “gnuradio-companion” in the terminal to launch
GRC.

Mike

Mike J. M0MIK BSc MIET
Email: [email protected]