Installing gr_modtool

Hi all,In my system when i use commandgr_modtoolit shows command not
found.How can I install it.
RegardsGRB

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 08:59:06PM -0800, Ghulam Rasool B. wrote:

Hi all,

In my system when i use command

gr_modtool

it shows command not found.

How can I install it.

Installation instructions:

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

i think it is not working… or i couldn’t

2013/1/25 Martin B. (CEL) [email protected]

Thanks for your advice.However when I used the commandgr_modtool.py
create howto, it showed command not found.Then I used chmod +x
gr_modtool.py and then ./gr_modtool.py create howtoit created a
new block gr_howto with other subdirectories. But while following the
tutorialgiven at
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModulesi
was not able to execute the following command inside the directory
gr-howto gr-howto % gr_modtool.py add -t general square_ff
Please suggest what should I do now.
RegardsBegh

From: Martin B. (CEL) [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gr_modtool
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013, 4:25 PM

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 08:59:06PM -0800, Ghulam Rasool B. wrote:

Hi all,

In my system when i use command

gr_modtool

it shows command not found.

How can I install it.

Installation instructions:

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstrae 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wrttemberg and

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

It sounds like you didn’t add gr_modtool.py to your PATH. Check the
README that comes with gr_modtool again. The installation instructions
are “To install, simply copy gr_modtool.py from this directory
somwhere into your $PATH.”

A good place might be /usr/local/bin.

-nwest