Install problems on fedora 12

I just got set up with fedora 12 and am a new user for that distro.

I got ruby 1.8.6 installed. Then I tried to install rails using yum
which gave me rails 2.3.4. When I tried to start a rails project I had
an error saying the wrong version of rack was supplied. I tried to
resolve that with gem installs but got errors saying it couldn’t find
rubygem sources. Then I decided to see if I could install rails
through gems instead of yum, after yum remove I do this but get this
error:

sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies --debug
Exception NameError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ command_manager.rb:161 - uninitialized constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand ExceptionGem::LoadError’ at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:
827 - Could not find RubyGem test-unit (>= 0)

INFO: gem install -y is now default and will be removed
INFO: use --ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list
Exception `Gem::LoadError’ at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:
827 - Could not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Jedrin [email protected] wrote:

I just got set up with fedora 12 and am a new user for that distro.

I got ruby 1.8.6 installed. Then I tried to install rails using yum
which gave me rails 2.3.4.

You’re never going to find a distro that can keep up with the speed of
Rails releases. I always go it alone and installing everything from
source, including ruby.


Greg D.
destiney.com | gregdonald.com

You’re never going to find a distro that can keep up with the speed of
Rails releases. I always go it alone and installing everything from
source, including ruby.

I do0n’t need the most recent version, I’m just trying to get
something that works. I was using rails 2.3.2 on centos, but I am
switching to fedora because I had other problems with centos, but I
never had to build stuff with compiling source code on that platform
or redhat …

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Jedrin [email protected] wrote:

I do0n’t need the most recent version, I’m just trying to get
something that works. I was using rails 2.3.2 on centos, but I am
switching to fedora because I had other problems with centos, but I
never had to build stuff with compiling source code on that platform
or redhat …

Most anything BUT the latest version is exploitable.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/37142


Greg D.
destiney.com | gregdonald.com

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 14:28 -0800, Jedrin wrote:

Exception `Gem::LoadError’ at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:
827 - Could not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)


remove the rails package…

yum remove rails #or whatever it is called
then as root…
gem update sources
gem install rails

Craig


This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs