Inspect in console

Hi,

Did the -i switch break on the ir command ?

I create a file test.rb with the following content:

myvar = “hello world”
puts myvar

and then type in ir -i test.rb

That yields: (loosely translated I can’t find the file …-i )
mscorlib:0:in WinIOError': Kan bestand C:\projects\lumpr\src\Sylvester.DesktopEdition\Sylvester.IronRuby\-i niet vinden . (System::IO::FileNotFoundException) from mscorlib:0:inInit’
from mscorlib:0:in .ctor' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:187:inOpenInputFileStream’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\SourceFileContentProvider.cs:62:in
GetStream' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\SourceFileContentProvider.cs:45:inGetStream’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\runtime\languageboundtextcontentprovider.cs:38:in
GetReader ' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:102:inGetReader’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:212:in
Compile' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:246:inExecuteProgram’

-i was Python specific option, MRI uses this option for a different
feature (that we don’t support yet).

Tomas

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ivan Porto
Carrero
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] inspect in console

Hi,

Did the -i switch break on the ir command ?

I create a file test.rb with the following content:

myvar = “hello world”
puts myvar

and then type in ir -i test.rb

That yields: (loosely translated I can’t find the file …-i )
mscorlib:0:in WinIOError': Kan bestand C:\projects\lumpr\src\Sylvester.DesktopEdition\Sylvester.IronRuby\-i niet vinden . (System::IO::FileNotFoundException) from mscorlib:0:in Init’
from mscorlib:0:in .ctor' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\PlatformAdaptationLayer.cs:187:in OpenInputFileStream’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\SourceFileContentProvider.cs:62:in
GetStream' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\SourceFileContentProvider.cs:45:in GetStream’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\runtime\languageboundtextcontentprovider.cs:38:in
GetReader ' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:102:in GetReader’
from
c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:212:in
Compile' from c:\tools\IronRuby\src\microsoft.scripting.core\sourceunit.cs:246:in ExecuteProgram’